Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Shall We Dance?


                     I am 70 years old. There I declared it. Just like that. Bim, Bam, Boom. You ask, how am I doing? Well, I survived the big birthday.

Something that helped me (always does) was a Scripture, "Fix your thoughts on what is true and good and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely, and dwell on the fine, good things in others. Think about all you can praise God for and be glad about." Now this is a healthy way to view life and at the same time is excellent therapy. Our thoughts make all the difference in our mood. 

There are countless good things about this time in my life. I have the capacity to love, care, walk, dance and enjoy beauty. To celebrate, my husband and I met up with two of my longtime and best friends in Palm Desert. Now that is something to shout about. We laughed at ourselves as we reminisced and shared our hearts. How great is that?

Since returning home there was one time this week when reality once again rattled me and I was tempted to shrivel up and die. You see, a cap on my tooth fell off (I guess that is what happens now). As I go to the oral surgeon's office, I am handed papers to fill out and there it is: AGE_____. Sweat. Tears. After a few deep breaths I was able to write it down, 70. Oh my.

Surely there will be more times of alarm, yet for now, I am dancing. 

Above: Thirty five years of friendship, Nancy, Winnie and Jean

2 comments:

  1. Here's to 35 years! And I was there when it all started in Salem:-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I love that verse! What's the citation? (I know, I'm a heathen ... can't identify the scripture!) I'm also wondering why my previous comments haven't published ... weird. Hope you get this one!

    ReplyDelete