Thursday, February 14, 2013

Some Things are Ageless

While on an innocent walk recently, I caught my reflection while passing a big window. Horrors! My body was bending forward at the waist! Stooping. Stooping. I don't even like the sound of the word, and,... it is not a good look. Oh my, one more thing of which I have to be conscious. "Nancy, stand up straight or you are going to look really old." Unfortunately, this is something that happens to us as we age.

With my big birthday fast approaching I am noticing these things. What is it that separates the old from the young? Posture is surely one thing. Beautiful upright posture is always pleasing to the eye and usually belongs to the young. Think gymnast.

No doubt there will be many more examples of "oldness" I will discover, yet, today I want to share one attribute that is ageless. A smile on a face, that's it. Smiles are contagious and universal. Like the art of mime, no matter the language or age we all understand it and smile back. When eyes shine and the mouth turns upward others are softened, less rigid. I like that.

So, on this day receive and give away some warm smiles. Happy Valentine's Day to you.


3 comments:

  1. And the law of reciprocity proves that if you smile at someone they will most likely smile right back:-). So thanks for smiling at me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy:

    Carol sent me the link to your blog. It's fun to see you again after all these years! Sounds like your life is full and good. It is pretty amazing how the years have flown by, isn't it?

    Hope you enjoy blogging as much as I have. There is a wonderful network of women out there and it's a special kind of fellowship.

    Nice to 'see' you again!

    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely note Sonja, thanks. I enjoyed your blog a couple of years ago. Good for you. Nancy

      Delete